Today, I'm just sick of it. I listen to kids complain every day and now I'm going to be the complainer. I laugh at how childish I feel for doing this, but there's just so much junk that's going on.
Here are the things that I'm tired of:
1. I'm tired of taking the blame for things that I didn't do.
2. I'm tired of Monte and I being the only ones in the villa that initiate clean up.
3. I'm tired of being nice to people. I honestly feel like giving some people the middle finger today, I really do. The idea of stooping to these native's level is SO INVITING and nearly intoxicating.
4. I'm tired of all the expectations that I'm starting to set for myself.
5. I'm tired of moochers. I hate it when I'm generous and then people just walk on me- what is that!? I can't judge too harshly because I am also guilty of doing this at times, maybe that is why it makes me so mad.
6. I'm tired of the utter ridiculousness of the Upper Egyptian culture. The whole idea of how everything is centered around honor and reputation is a breeding ground for arrogance without merit, cockiness without confidence, and, most importantly, fake people who are obsessed with making themselves appear devout.
7. I'm tired of students trying to convince me to give them less homework, I give them homework so they won't fail my tests.
8. I'm tired of my students acting like it is my responsibility to bend over backwards for them. I don't understand why it is that if I am blatantly caring, then they are so manipulative with me. That is the tragedy of teaching, really it is. I care about these kids and I want the best for them, but there are those that will just try to exploit me all day long because they see somebody who cares as weak. It's such a "catch-22"... To care or not to care? I can't take things personally.
9. I'm tired of feeling obligated to listen to one of the crazy, psycho woman here that is ALWAYS finding the bad in everything. I just want to tell her, "Life is good, there doesn't always have to be fault in things and you sure as hell don't have to point it out!"
10. I'm tired of feeling bad for myself. I'm tired of complaining about this stuff. I'm not going to be like the crazy psycho woman. The time has come for me to get off of my soap box and make it happen. I'm in control of this day.
Takin' It Easy at Karnak
Welcome to my blog
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yup, you're human. Whew! Good thing.
It's alright that sometimes EVERYTHING seems to suck. It won't be that way forever. You are too intentional to let it.
Another day. Moving on.
hey. don't let people bring you down, that just means they have power over you and you don't want that.
focus on the positive, that usually works for me.
praying for ya.
I'm gonna second what Amie said about focusing on the positive. try to list at least 5 positive things at the end of your day. As time goes on, you'll find that list getting longer.
I'm praying for you!!
P.S. And I think its soo cool that you are in Egypt!! ;)
Post a Comment