Takin' It Easy at Karnak

Takin' It Easy at Karnak
Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blur

I'm in that time of the year where the days just fly bye. I've just finished up my classes for the day and I'm asking myself "WHERE DID THE WEEK GO?!" and at the same time I'm so glad tomorrow is Thursday. Thursday night is the equivalent of a Saturday night in the US because there aren't any classes on Friday, except PE. The days are flying! I'm pretty amazed about it honestly!

I'm beginning to realize that I'm going to be on board a plane on my way home in no time. I have mixed feelings when I think about that. In the aspect of missing my family, friends, mountains, swimming, cleanliness, and what has been normal to me for my whole life- I cannot wait to get out of here. Although, it's a bittersweet because this place has become "normal" for me. My time here has helped me further my understanding of who I am, the things that truly make me thrive, and a standard of beliefs that make sense to me.

I've had the chance to "give back" this year. I feel that so much has been given to me and this year has been an opportunity to continue the cycle. One of my coaches, Jim Nash, told me something I will never forget, "Eric, whatever you decide to do with your life, don't compromise yourself and give back." I've always kept my coach's words with me because they make sense to me.

My only problem was that I didn't know what they meant. I hadn't figured out my convictions, to prevent myself compromising, and I didn't have the mentality to give back. The past five months, as of today, I've had the opportunity to figure out my convictions and give back. I've learned so much here and I know it is the time that I will look back on as defining who I am.

I'm still here though and I'm only half-way done, but I know that time will continue to fly. I'm just going to keep soaking it up, do my best to leave nothing behind and let God lead.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

TGIT as they say.

Tina said...

Bittersweet, isn't that the truth! We always want what we don't have. I have the EXACT feeling about going home. Time is flying.... good thing!... but I'm not ready to leave... but definitely a hot shower and clean clothes sounds so good! Can't wait to exchange stories when we get back. It's fun to hear from someone I can relate with. Hope Thursday comes soon for you, what a long weekend!

The Doorway

The Doorway
The Journey Begins...